Cem-Fil 54/76 Roving Fiber
Cem-FIL® 54 is an Alkali Resistant glass fiber assembled roving designed for use in the manufacture of glass fiber reinforced concrete (GRC) composites by the simultaneous spray method.
- Alkali resistant glass*
- Good unwinding
- Easy chopping
- High split efficiency
- Safe and easy to handle
- Ideal for use with complicated profiles
- Excellent reproduction of detail
- Excellent mechanical performance
- Makes highly durable GRC elements
- Very easy incorporation into the matrix
- Cem-FIL® 54 is a spray roving with easy processing and incorporation, enabling the production of GRC elements with excellent finish and reproduction of detail.
- Cem-FIL® 54 provides good mechanical performance and excellent durability to GRC composites. Cem-FIL® 54 is suitable for the fabrication of GRC in high humidity conditions.
- Cem-FIL® 54 has been tested and approved for use with commonly used spray equipment.
- Electrical Conductivity: Very low
- Specific Gravity: 2.68 g/cm3
- Material: Alkali Resistant Glass*
- Softening point: 860°C – 1580°F
- Chemical Resistance: Very high
- Modulus of elasticity: 72 GPa – 10 x 106 psi
- Tensile Strength: 1000–1700 MPa – 145–250 x 103 psi
* Our fibers are manufactured with high Zirconia content in compliance with ASTM C1666/C 1666/M-07 and EN 15422 and under the recommendations of PCI and GRCA
Cem-FIL® 54 rovings are used for spraying with purpose-made GRC spray equipment. The recommended dosage is 5% by weight.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
Cem-FIL® 54 rovings are protected by a shrink-wrap polythene film, open at the top which should not be removed when the product is in use. Rovings are packed on pallets either with or without carton boxes. Cem-FIL® 54 rovings should be stored away from heat and moisture, and in their original packaging. Optimum conditions are temperature between 15°C and 35°C and humidity between 35% and 65%. If the product is stored at lower temperatures it is advisable to condition it in the workshop for at least 24 hours before use, to prevent condensation.
QUALITY STANDARDS – CERTIFICATION
Cem-FIL® 54 fibers are manufactured under a quality Management System approved to ISO 9001.
Cem-FIL® fibers are not classified as dangerous by the Regulation 1272/2008/EC. For more information, please refer to our Safe
Use Instructions Sheet.